Total Pageviews

Monday, February 28, 2011

Pasta Preimavera

My good friend and comrad in arms Heather, sent this to me! Take the hint from Heather! Experiment and find out that sometimes the REQUIRED amount is just not enough or it is way too much for your tastes!

I made an Italian pasta primavera dish the other day and it turned out good, which I surprised myself. Just thought I would share in case you want to make it for dinner one night.
I don’t have a recipe of exact amounts since I was kinda just throwing things in to the pan as I thought of them, but here is what I put in it:


½ pound of cooked small pasta shells
frozen medley of broccoli and carrots and yellow bell peppers (about 1 cup)
sundried tomatoes, sliced (about ½ cup)
minced garlic ( about 2 Tablespoons)
sliced Greek calamata olives (about ¼ cup)
capers (about 3 Tablespoons)
fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small bite size cubes
butter and olive oil mixture to sauté vegetables, and then add more to make into a pan sauce
salt, pepper, and dried basil to taste
Cook the pasta, and meanwhile, saute’ the frozen vegetables in butter and olive oil until hot. Then add the sundried tomatoes, garlic, olives, capers, and mozzarella cheese, seasoning and cooked pasta. Keep sautéing the pasta, vegetable & cheese mixture until mozzarella cheese starts to melt.

No comments: