Total Pageviews

Monday, January 10, 2011

Ecclefechan Butter Tart

Sent to me by a dear friend who lives in England with the caveate that I warned you all not to try to say what you are serving if you have a few glasses of wine under your belt! Leon and his lovely wife Diana found this tart in a wee village in Scotland and sent the recipe across the Great Puddle to me-I now zip it through cyberspace to you!!!!!
Ingredients:

2 Beaten Eggs
6 oz soft brown sugar
1 tbsp vinegar
8 oz mixed dried fruit
2 oz chopped walnuts
Prepared Shortcrust pastry
4 oz melted butter.

Method:

Mix the sugar,butter and beaten eggs together. Stir in the vinegar, then add the mixed fruit and nuts.
Line patty tins with pastry and put a spoonful of the mixture into each. Bake in a fairly hot oven (190C/375FGas mark 5) for 20-25 mins.

Note: I WILL be trying this on Sunday!!! I was advised that the tart is to DIE FOR!!!!!

No comments: