Total Pageviews

Monday, January 31, 2011

French toast!!!

I love french toast and bacon!!!! I always took it for granted that EVERYONE knew how to make it....I would be wrong!!!! Here is the basic recipe:

for 4 slices of bread

1 egg in a shallow bowl (large enough to fit a full slice of bread)
1/8 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
whisk together completely
individually drench each side of the bread in egg mixture
place on a medium hot fry-pan that has been well buttered
brown each side-serve hot with butter and maple syrup

variation #1:
along with the basic recipe
add 1/2 tsp cinnamon
and a good "Swig" of maple syrup

variation#2:
any sliced bread will work,but I have been informed by my FB friend(this is her variation) Elaine,that texas toast(thick slices for you New Englanders out there)slabs are BEST!!!
In place of milk use eggnog
in place of cinnamon-use nutmeg

I have come to the conclusion, over the years, that there is no way to screw up french toast unless you burn it!!! I have served with blueberry syrup(in season) topped with fresh blue-berries and the same goes for strawberries~!
HAPPY BREAKFAST!!!!

No comments: