Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Grilled Pork With Dill Mustard Sauce

I found this recipe in the Bob Appetite Magazine. Although I use the recipe as a guide,I exchange ingredients(some) for stuff I have on hand! Sometimes it is a winner-sometimes-not so much!!! Regardless-this was a winner!

1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbls dried dill(they use fresh-chopped) plus 1/2 cup dill
2 medium yellow squash (didn't have zuccini)
1/4 brown Deli Mustard (din't have dijon)
1 tlbs honey
1 pound (or so) pork loin

Whisk 2 tbls balsamic vinegar ,2 tbls dill and 2 tbls water and 1 teaspoon salt on a medium bowl. Whisk until salt dissolves.Add yellow squash and marinatde 10 minutes-tossing often-then drain

meanwhile-whisk 1/2 cup dill ,mustard,honey and 1/2 cup water in medium bowl.

prepared BBQ grill(medium hign heat). Spread loin with 2 tbls of the mustard sauce(reserve the rest to serve with grilled loin). ( I put a bit aside and bush the sauce on-seem to get it on more evenly). grill about 25 minutes or until a thermometer inserted reads 145-150. Place loin pn a platter and slice into 1/2 slabs(appx-you really don't have to have a tape measure) serve with remaing sauce.

I served this with an assortment of pickles and my friend Heather's potato Salad!!! Threw an English together and What a FEAST we had!!!!

No comments: