Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 19, 2011

SPAGHETTI PIE

Anyoneone out there like me? I NEVER estimate the correct amount of pasta when I grab a handful to cook! I have never believed those past-measure gizzy's-the inventors never met my hungry family! Some,like alot of people,I grab an extra handful(just for good measure) and add to the pot. Needless to say I ALWAYS have a ziplock bag of leftovers-not enough for a full meal,just enough to leave in the fridge to create a future science-project.....Well speghetti pie is a great way to use it up!!!

you need:
CRUST

appx 6 oz of cooked spaghetti
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 well-beaten egg

micro wave the pasta (reheat setting works fine)
add butter to hot pasta and mix well
stir in parmesan cheese and beaten egg
pat the above into a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate

FILLING:
appx 2 cups of leftover spaghetti sauce
1 6-8 OZ container of ricotta cheese
1 egg
3 tbls italian mixed dried herbs
1lb ground beef (I use bison)
1/4 cup chopped green peppers
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 to 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese

in a fry-pan-saute the beef,peppers and onions until the onions are transparent and the beef is browned

in a small bowl
mix well- ricotta,1 egg,herbs 1/4 cup mozzarella

using a spatula-spread a thin layer of spaghetti sause on the "crust"
then a layer of the sauteed meat mixture
then a layer of ricotta cheese mixture
cover with the rest of the sphaghetti sauce and top with mozzarella cheese

bake at 350 for 1 hour
I ahve found if I cook ahead and reheat this pie not only is easier to serve-like spaghtti sauce,it tastes even better the next day!

No comments: